DIY Parade Banner using simple materials



Hey guys! How's everyone going? After being really sick for the past two weeks I had a really relaxing fun time creating this banner for my son's nursery. Using some inexpensive material and a little patience I came up with the cutest design :). Let me walk through my process.

I got two yards of cotton fabric, some adhesive foam in various colors and some contact paper to use as my stencil. Using my cutting machine I cut out the letters for the sign, weeded it and applied it to the fabric. Then I used white acrylic paint for the lettering. I painted two coats because I wanted a nice, vibrant white.

 While I was waiting for the paint to dry I cut out a template from plain copy paper and using this I cut out various sizes of flowers to place on the banner. I also used a die cut and my Big Shot to cut out some small ones. I was very happy with the variety of sizes. After embellishing the centers of the flowers, I used my glue gun to fix them to the banner.


A simple but colorful project that was easy and fun to do. I hope I inspired you to try one. Happy crafting! 

No comments