Valentine Day cards


Hey crafters! I wanted to whip up two valentine day cards for my love. First I drew a heart in my designing program and resized it so that I had two different sizes. Then I randomly placed them in different positions until I had the effect that I wanted. I kept it simple with scattered hearts in the centre of one and a line of hearts along the lower edge in another. Using my cutting machine I cut my designs out of white cardstock. Then I placed a colored piece of cardstock behind the cut design to emphasize the design. You can use glitter paper, patterned paper or colored cardstock to gain the effect that you want.


You can always save the cut outs for future projects. I store mines in little Ziploc bags and because these are white I will be able to customize them in different colors for my future projects.


I hope this post inspires you to use simple shapes to create your cards. Happy crafting everyone! 

No comments