Christmas cards using Distress Inks and my Silhouette machine

I seriously LOVE my Silhouette! It is one of those things that I can't believe I lived without. It's such a handy machine and even though I don't have a lot of dies to run through my Big Shot I can still create any project that I dream up. It's Christmas so I have quite a lot of Christmas cards to make and my Silhouette makes it very easy to do so.


Handmade card in craft cardstock with accompanying envelope

I did some simple designs in Silhouette Studio and then cut them out with my machine. I have the designer edition and it was worth the couple of extra bucks but you can still do so much with the basic version. I then either created a background using distress inks and placed the cut file over the background or inked the cut file itself and then placed it over a plain background or vice versa to highlight the simple design.  


Handmade Christmas Card with matching evelope

I also wanted to add some more details and interest to some of these handmade cards so I stamped a continuous leaf pattern on cardstock with Versa Mark ink and embossed it in white. You can use it as I have as an envelope insert of for the front panel of your handmade card.

Handmade card with Distress Inks and Embossed pattern

I had such fun doing these! There are so many ways you can change the design by using simple stamps or different colors of Distress Inks. I got these beautiful envelopes at birdscards.com and the inserts are also included making it very easy to cut with your cutting machine. This is an easy project to do when you are pressed for time and the simplicity makes for an elegant card. Happy crafting!

No comments